MAKE A CLAIM
MAKE A PET INSURANCE CLAIM
At Petplan, we understand the importance of dealing with all pet insurance claims as quickly as possible. To make a claim, follow the simple steps below:
1. Select the animal you require a pet insurance claim for
2. Click to view the relevant interactive claim form, simply type in all the information, and save it to your computer.
3. Attach the itemised receipts, vet consultation notes as well as other relevant supporting documentation. You can take a photo with your mobile or scan your supporting documents. If it is your first claim with Petplan, ask your vet to supply a full veterinary history and attach it to your claim.
4. Email your completed claim form and supporting documents to email@example.com
If necessary, you can post your claim to: Petplan Pet Insurance PO Box 112250 Penrose Auckland 1642 Please note posted claims will take longer to process.
PET INSURANCE CLAIM CHECKLIST
To help us process your claim quickly, make sure you have completed these steps:
- The claim form is fully completed.
- Include itemised receipts, vet consultation notes all other relevant supporting documentation.
- Make sure you are not claiming for items not covered by your certificate of insurance. These can include, but not limited to, routine and preventative treatment (teeth cleaning, worming, desexing and vaccinations), pre-existing conditions, and any illness that occurred within your waiting period.
- Check the policy excess amount.
- Keep all copies and documentation for claims for your records.
PROCESSING AND PAYMENT
Once your claim is processed, you will receive an email to notify you of the outcome.
If your claim is successful, you can be paid in a choice of three ways.
1. Credit into your bank account that your monthly premium is direct debited from.
2. Credit into the bank account nominated on the claims form at the time of submission.
3. Paid directly to your vet. Please note, we will not pay your vet unless it has been previously agreed with them to do so.
If you have a question, our friendly claims team are here to help. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 255 426 between 8.30 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday
We are a member of the Insurance Council of NZ and adhere to the Fair Insurance Code,
which provides you with assurance that we have high standards of service to our customers.